- We serve:
- Those who live or work in –
- Active or retired military and Federal Civil Service personnel who reside within a 100-mile radius of Fort Leavenworth.
- Immediate family members of current Frontier Community Credit Union members.
Fort Leavenworth Credit Union, serving personnel at Fort Leavenworth and their families, was chartered on April 6, 1954 with eight members.
An organizational meeting and the first annual meeting took place in the home of two of these charter members – Lyle and Ivy McCoy – on May 17, 1954. Each member opened $100 loans at an annual percentage rate of 12.0% for placement in their share accounts.
By the time the second annual meeting rolled around the following January, the credit union’s assets were at $2,000 – roughly the same price as a new car in 1955.
In 1956, Fort Leavenworth Credit Union was able to move operations out of the home of Board Secretary/Treasurer Lura Mark and into an office at Fort Leavenworth located below the Personnel Office. Asset size had grown to $7,000 – equal to about $61,000 at today’s value.
Over the next 50 years, the credit union moved and added offices, increased staff, expanded hours of operation, products and services – all while growing to more than $68 million in assets.
The year 2005 was a big one for the credit union’s history. We changed our name from Fort Leavenworth Credit Union to Frontier Community Credit Union. We opened our field of membership to include people living or working in the surrounding communities. Finally, we opened our Eisenhower Road branch, which serves as our main office to this day.
Board Of Directors
Don Homan, Chairman
Judy Guenther, Vice Chairwoman
Ron Harrod, Secretary
Carol Perry, Treasurer
Freddie Braconnier, Director
Zabbir Pirani, Director
Jeff Porter, Director
Lois Steineker, Chairwoman
Kaye Hackworth, Member
Glenn McCary, Member
David Nester, Member
View our latest annual report (PDF)
Darrin DePriest, Chairman
Wendy Arsenault, Member
Michael J. Augustine, Member