We’re Issuing New Cards
On Friday, Jan. 17, Frontier Community Credit Union will launch a debit card and credit card conversion in order to serve you better. For example, our credit cardholders will no longer have to mail in their payments. Your payment will be registered as soon as you make it through account transfer, our app, online banking, audio banking or with one of our staff.
We want to ensure you are aware of all the actions that are necessary to complete these improvements. Please be sure to mark your calendar for the conversion, and be prepared for a possible temporary service disruption.
We will work hard to minimize the disruption in your account access and financial business. You will need to take action to ensure a smooth transition. If you have questions or concerns, please call the credit union at (913) 651-6575 or toll-free (800) 633-4559. We’re here to help make this transition a smooth one!
In early January, we will issue new cards to our debit and credit cardholders.
- For debit cardholders, you will receive a new card with a new number and expiration date.
- For credit cardholders, you will receive your own new card with a new number and expiration date. Spousal accounts will receive two cards with two different numbers.
Starting the week of Jan. 13, cash advance services for credit cards will be unavailable.
From 6 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 17 through Tuesday, Jan. 21, we will convert all Frontier Community Credit Union debit and credit cardholders over to our new card system. Although service should not be interrupted, please be prepared for intermittent downtime. Please have cash on hand ahead of time, if needed.
The following services should not be affected, but please prepare to have cash on hand if needed:
Update Your Payments, Digital Wallet & Lost/Stolen Phone Numbers
- If you have any automatic payments set up using your debit card or credit card number, you will need to reset this information with companies receiving payment. Frontier Community Credit Union cannot do this for you. For our debit cardholders, we recommend setting up an ACH using your FCCU routing number and account number.
- We will still partner with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay; however, you will need to update your debit card and credit card information within these apps. We have been notified that Visa® will not begin the Digital Wallet reactivation until Wednesday, Jan. 22. The process can take up to 10 business days, which is Tuesday, Feb. 4. We are very sorry for this inconvenience. Please make sure to use you plastic card for transactions until we let you know it's available.
- If your new debit card or credit card is lost or stolen, please use these 24/7 phone numbers to let us know: (888) 297-3416 or (206) 389-5200 (if you’re outside the United States)
ScoreCard Rewards Will Change to Extra Awards®
Frontier Community Credit Union’s partnership with ScoreCard Rewards will end. Cardholders have until March 17 to redeem rewards points, or they will be lost.
You will still earn points on purchases you make with your debit card and credit card through our new program, Extra Awards. Your points may be redeemed for gift cards, cash back, charitable donations and travel rewards! Visit my.extraawards.com to learn more and register your new cards.
SecurLOCK Will Change to MyCardRules™
On Friday, Jan. 17, our partnership with SecurLOCK will end. Cardholders should delete the app from their phones. On Tuesday, Jan. 21, download our new easy-to-use card control app from MyCardRules through Google Play or the Apple App Store. You will need to provide:
- Card number
- Expiration date
- Security code
MyCardRules lets you securely manage your card spending right from your mobile device. Turn your cards on or off, set spending limits, and get alerts – all with a few quick taps. You have complete control of how, when, where and WHO uses your cards. Plus, knowing that you’ve set rules, restrictions and alerts that meet your specific spending preferences adds another layer of fraud detection and prevention, giving you added peace of mind.
We appreciate your patience as we work to serve you better!